Peter Boyce OAM
Peter has been practising as a Solicitor since 1977 and joined the firm as a partner on 1 July, 1977. With more than 38 years’ experience Peter has an extensive knowledge of the law.
Peter has practised in all areas of litigation and has special interests in criminal law, civil and commercial litigation, retirement village matters, sports law, resumption of land and compensation claims. Peter has specialised knowledge of and experience with resumption matters as a result of the Traveston Dam project, road corridors, Main Roads and water pipeline. He is renowned for his professional approach and is an experienced and determined advocate.
Peter very much enjoys working for the individual and the clients of the firm, which has recently celebrated its 100 years of being in business in the Nambour community.
His success as a solicitor has been recognised over the years and he was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in January, 2013. He was also awarded the Civil Justice Award for 2013 from the Australian Lawyers Alliance in recognition of his outstanding achievement in promoting justice, freedom and the rights of the individual.
Those achievements have a lot to do with his work with the Morcombe family on finding justice for Daniel Morcombe.
In 2016, Peter won the coveted 2016 Queensland Law Society’s President’s Medal. Queensland Law Society president Bill Potts said: "Peter stands as a leader in our profession and is one of countless lawyers who selflessly toil for little or no reward in the pro bono space within their communities."
In 2015, Peter was the subject of an Australian Story program produced by the ABC, which can be viewed here, and which documented his experience of dealing with the Morcombe Coronial Inquest.
Peter also has a keen sense of and involvement in the community and wishes to ensure that he and the firm are important members of the community and makes sure we give back. Currently, Peter is;
- A Committee Member for the Daniel Morcombe Foundation
- Board Member of Wishlist Foundation
- Chairman of the Sunshine Coast Turf Club
- Honorary Solicitor to the Sunshine Coast Health Foundation
- Honorary Solicitor to the St Joseph’s Parish in Nambour
- Honorary Solicitor to the Nambour Rugby League
- Life Member of the Kilcoy Race Club
- Life Member of the Sunshine Coast Rugby League and Nambour Rugby League Club
- A Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
Peter has also been a past Chairman of the Queensland Thoroughbred Racing Board and Member of the All Codes Board for Queensland Racing. He is also a past Chairman of the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. He is also a past Chairman of the Sunshine Coast Gympie Rugby League and former Finance Director of QRL Wide Bay Division.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy (By Creditor’s Petition)
- Commercial and Business Law
- Consumer Law
- Coronial Inquests
- Criminal Law
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Peace and Good Behaviour Orders
- Personal Injury and Compensation
- Planning & Environment
- Power of Attorney
- Property Law
- Resumption of Land
- Retirement Villages
- Sports Law
- Traffic Offences
- Trust Law
- Wills & Estate Planning